This recipe was sent to me by Lise W. and I have to say… I LOVE THIS RECIPE. Right now they are baking in the oven, and I should wait to comment until I have at least tasted one, but I have no patience. First, they are super quick and easy to make, and with one batch I made about fifty or so cookies. Instead of one large Hersey kiss I used two small dark chocolate chips. My hubby likes chocolate, but loves meringue the most.
The recipe is from All Recipe, and you can click here to view it.
“Meringue cookies with a surprise inside. A variation of this recipe would be to omit the peppermint extract and add 1 1/2 cups chopped pecans after the stiff peaks form.”
- 3 egg whites
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract (optional)
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 44 milk chocolate candy kisses, unwrapped
- In small bowl, beat egg whites, vanilla, cream of tartar, peppermint extract (if using) and salt till soft peaks form.
- Very gradually add sugar; bet till very stiff peaks form. Drop by tablespoon 1 1/2 inches apart on lightly greased cookie sheet.
- Press a chocolate kiss into each cookie. With a table knife, bring meringue up over candy.
- Bake in 275 degree F (140 degrees C) oven for 30 minutes. Immediately move to rack to cool
Recipe by Mellan